Bacon Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball Spread Recipe
Preparation time (excluding time to cook the bacon): approx. 10 minutes. Makes approx. 3 cups of spread.
- 1/2 lb. bacon baked or fried *crisp* then minced finely (reserve the grease)
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese at room temp.
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese at room temp.
- 1/2 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 to 3 tbsp. bacon grease
In a large bowl mix about half of the finely minced crispy bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Ranch mix and just enough bacon grease to form a big ol' ball. Coat the ball in the remaining minced bacon.
May be served immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Great with your favorite crackers or on fresh spears of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, etc.
Alternate version: Instead of Ranch dressing, try finely chopped pineapple. To make a dip just add enough sour cream to make it a "dipping" consistency. Chopped pecans go perfectly with the bacon coating and a few teaspoons of minced onion is good, too. Really anything that goes with cream cheese will work to make a delicious cheeseball.
Refrigerate any leftovers. Enjoy!
Submitted by Auntie Porkpie