Keto Stuffed Bellpeppers Recipe
A low carb keto friendly meal, easy to vary, makes four or five servings.
- 4 or 5 nice sized peppers, preferably flat on the bottom, pepper should be able to stand on its own when served on a flat surface.
- 1/2 lb of ground beef
- 1/2 lb of ground sausage
- precooked bacon bits
- a metric assload of cheese
- a chopped onion
- a cup or two of sliced mushrooms
- usual meat seasonings (parsley, black pepper, red pepper, papricka, garlic salt, onion powder, a dash of salt)
- two cups of spaghetti sauce
- a pot (with a lid)
- preheat oven to 350
- In a pot on the stove brown the sausage and ground beef together.
- Throw in your seasoning, mushrooms and onions. Give everything a good stir, allow the veggies to absorb the grease as the meat cooks.
- While the mixture cooks slice the top of your bellpeppers off, with a spoon empy out all the seeds and white stuff inside, rinse any left over seeds away.
- After the meat is thoroughly browned and the onions and mushrooms are kinda carmalized turn off the heat.
- After the mixture has had time to cool a little bit drain the excess grease away.
- Mix bacon bits, cheese and spaghetti sauce into your filling. consistency should be thick and cheesey.
- Stuff the mixture into your hollowed out bellpeppers.
- Put your raw stuffed peppers in a covered oven safe container (I reuse my stainless steel pot and glass lid, some use tinfoil and a baking dish) and stick it in your oven for an hour.
Side note: The leftovers for this dish are usually better the next day, as the bellpepper has time to absorb the juices.